April 20, 2009

Stop the Disrespect!

One thing I think I may never understand is why on earth some parents allow their children to be disrespectful to them.

Just watch one episode of Supernanny and you can see it! Or I'll hear a mother say something like, "She got so mad and she said she hates me" and then list some hideous names the child called them. WHAT!?

First of all, please don't break down and cry. A child never MEANS those type of things. And that's exactly the reaction they want, so they would 'win'. What NEEDS to be done is some discipline- to make sure they never ever talk to Mom that way again- Mom should stand her ground and let the child know she's not to be messed with, and Dad should be making sure no one disrespects his wife. ;)

I had ONE instance where I had a child say, "I don't like you". All I had to do was give a stern, "You don't talk like that to me." and it never happened again. Nip it in the bud at the very first appearance and you shouldn't have too many problems later.

PLEASE don't ever let your child talk that way to you. If you allow them to be that harsh when they're only five, then you don't even want to know what they'll be like at fifteen.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails