August 11, 2009

Slow Cooker Recipes


Sorry it has been so long since I have posted! I've been busy every night working out... and I told myself I'd post before I went and worked out tonight. :)

Here are a few slow cooker recipes that we eat around here! (I've already posted my slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe, the link is on the right side)

BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Take a roast, cook on low for 8 hours. When there is about 1 hour left, take roast out, shred, drain juice, put shredded roast back in and mix with your favorite BBQ sauce. Serve on buns.

Garlic Pork Roast
3 1/2 lb pork boneless loin roast
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 teaspoom salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic
1 cup chicken broth

Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place onion and garlic in slow cooker, place pork on top. Pour broth over pork.

Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.


Jambalaya (Chris loves this, but I do not like it, so it will depend on your taste, LOL)

1 large onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 medium stalks celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups chopped fully cooked smoked sausage
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
3/4 lb uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp
4 cups hot cooked rice, for serving

Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.

Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on low about 1 hour.

Serve with rice.



Those are the few slow cooker recipes I use... I need to find some more, I just haven't looked for those as much!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails