April 21, 2009

4 Under 4- The Good and The Bad

So of course, as with everything, there are good things and bad things. I'll start with the bad, because I like to end on good news. :)

The Bad
  • First I'd like to say, training and discipline is key. If you have 4 under 4 and they don't listen to a thing you say, that would be um, VERY BAD. If you look in the right hand column, there's a link to "Raising Godly Tomatoes"... which is WONDERFUL info on how to raise some nice, sweet children. ;)
  • If you fall behind on chores, it'll be bad. Ask me how I know. LOL
  • It takes an hour to get everyone dressed and out into the car, buckled and ready to go.
  • It's hard to find a babysitter you would trust to handle all four. Luckily, I have my parents who had 5 girls, and they know what they're doing. But if they aren't watching them, hubby and I will go out after the kids are in bed for the night. Makes it easy on the sitter. ;)
  • They eat a lot, therefore lots of grocery $$!
  • Lots and lots of diapers. I'd recommend cloth diapers if you're good at keeping up with laundry. I'm not, so I only use them when I run out of disposables! :)
  • Things WILL get chaotic at times. Here's an example: The baby will be crying, while I'm trying to calm down the 1-year-old who's crying, then my 2-year-old potty trainer says, "I peed in the floor!!", and my 4-year-old needs help with something, right now, or the world might end!! There is only one mommy, and she cannot handle four different problems at the same time. :)

The Good

There are soooooo many good things, it'll be hard to condense it into a list, but I'll try. :)

  • Watching the children play together. They are so nice and sweet (most of the time! LOL) and always help each other out. They'll give each other hugs and kisses and tell their siblings they love them. There is nothing on earth more precious than that.
  • They always make me laugh because they're always saying or doing something really funny!
  • I have a never ending supply of hugs and kisses.
  • I have lots of help, even though with their ages, their help doesn't help too much. But at least they try!
  • I'm never bored.
  • I'm forced to learn new things and ponder deep thoughts when my 4-year-old asks me, "What's the Spanish word for fire?" or "Why can't I see Jesus RIGHT NOW!?"
  • When I'm laying in bed and all the kiddos jump in and cuddle with me and their daddy, nothing else matters. Just so sweet.

Blah so now I've made myself all teary thinking about all these good things. What I'd like to say, is that as crazy 4 under 4 may seem, it is ALL worth it. I once heard someone say, "You will never regret the children you have, only the children you didn't have." SO true.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails