July 29, 2009

The Toothpaste Trick

I got Laila up from her nap today... to find her sitting in her bed, holding a red permanent marker. She had proudly scribbled all over her white wooden bunkbed. I have NO idea where she got that marker, but I digress...

I hoped maybe it would scrub off. I grabbed my all purpose cleaner and sprayed, and started scrubbing with a rag. It did not come off at all. So I pulled my iPhone out of my pocket, and searched for "Getting permanent marker off wood".

What popped up in the search results was using baking soda and whitening toothpaste. Luckily I have the Arm &Hammer whitening toothpaste with baking soda. :) I squirted it on, let it sit about 20 seconds, and then wiped it off. It TOTALLY took off ALL of the marker. I was amazed!!

I'm glad the kids still have a shiny white bunkbed... but now I'm kind of wondering what in the world kind of stuff am I putting in my mouth everyday??

1 comments:

Grace said...

Oooh! I posted just a little while back about my Bethany decorating her bunkbed in permanent marker. I'll have to try the tooth paste!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails